Ulmenhof (or Elms Court) is the historical name of our domicile. It is located in the business centre of Basel, close to the main train station. The prestigious mansion was built in 1893 by the architects Vischer & Fueter for Prof. Dr. Jacob Wackernagel and his family. In 1942 the Ulmenhof was renovated to accommodate the Swiss headquarter of the Ruhr-& Saar-Kohle AG and a second building was added at the end of the large garden.
In the spacious front building we provide facilities for our early years’ programmes.
Our youngest pupils attend school in the rear building at Gartenstrasse.
Our older pupils attend school in a spacious mansion at St. Alban-Vorstadt.The house was built in 1855 according to plans of the famous Basel architect Melchior Berri. Originally the residence of Eduard Merian and his family, the mansion eventually was used for business purpose, first for trading silk and textiles, later building materials and as a bank.